Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ponders on film


Just some thoughts today...nothing deep or humourous...trying to decided what to do with this assignment of mine. I for the most part, am done filming my video project for class friday. Now I just need to edit. This can be a tedious task involving long hours and many cans of caffeinated beverages. If you plan ahead of time for what direction you would like your film to take, then piecing clips together during the editing process is much easier. Often times, I don't do said planning step. This time however, I've left myself a couple of routs that I can take. To save on both, time and your sanity, I will spare the details of these routs. Suffice it to say that one of these routs takes some more planning while the other of the two allows me throw some random clips together with little to no intention on direction and come out with just as good of a result as the first option. Fortunately, the theme of the assignment is speed manipulation. This will enable me to slow down a few of the clips as well as speed up some other ones that together, will hopefully create a semi-successful video; that's the plan anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment